Probate is the legal term used to describe the process of sorting out a person’s asserts after they have died to ensure it is settled according to their Will.
Dealing with the loss of a loved one can be particularly stressful without the added pressure of having to sort out their legal and financial asserts.
At Blossom Law we hope to help you ease this burden by providing a sympathetic and professional service. Ronica, who is a qualified Solicitor of 18 years, with 5 years experience in Probate matter will take on the pressure and burden of dealing with the estate so you are able to grieve for your loved one.
Work included and key stages
Our fees include obtaining the grant of probate, collecting assets and distributing them. The precise work and stages involved in a probate matter vary according to the circumstances. However, we have set out the key stages involved in a typical probate matter:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice.
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries.
- Establish the extent of the estate by identifying the various assets and liabilities.
- Identify the type of probate application required.
- The application for Grant of Probate is prepared and then sworn by the executor and submitted to the appropriate Probate Registry together with the Will, if there is one.
- Once the Grant is received, it is submitted to the various organisations with whom assets are held in order to start the process of transferring the assets into the beneficiaries’ names.
- All estate liabilities have to be paid before the estate can be distributed among the beneficiaries;
- Confirmation is required that tax is paid up to date and there are no outstanding HMRC claims;
- Estate accounts should be prepared thereafter, and the estate distributed in accordance with the terms of the Will.
Blossom Law fees
Range cost by Blossom Law
Legal fee: £2500.00 – £4000.00
VAT: £500 – £800
Electronic ID Checker (per Executor): £8
Bank telegraphic transfer fee: £25.00
Total Cost: £3,533.00 – £4,833.00
Our fees include obtaining the grant of probate, collecting assets and distributing them.
This quote is based on an estate where:
- There is a valid will
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more that 10 bank or building society accounts
- There are no other tangible asserts
- There are no disputes between beneficiaries on division of asserts
- There is no inheritance tax payable and the executors do not need to submit a fee account to HMRC
- There are no claims made against the estate
Fees payable to third parties (Disbursements)
Probate Application fee: £160 No VAT
Swearing of oat fee: £15 No VAT
Extra copies: No VAT
Post in the Gazette fee: £62.15 VAT: £12.43
Post in a Local Newspaper: £185 VAT: £37.00
Services not included within our Quote
- Our service will not include any of the following:
- Any contested probate matters or advice on the same
- Advice on tax or other accounting matters
- Advice on asserts held outside the UK
- Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate
Approximate / average time scales
On average, estates that fall within the quote range are dealt with within 4-12 months
Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 3-6 months
Collecting asserts then follows, which can take about 3 months
Factors that could increase costs
- In some circumstances we may increase our fees to account for additional time, work or skill required to meet your instructions. Examples include:
- If there were no Will or the estate consist of any shareholdings (stocks and bonds) there is likely to be additional costs that could range significantly depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with.
- If any additional copies of the grant are required
- Any other significant factors such as contested estate
Please call us on 0207 998 1641 to speak with someone.